KILOunited

 

KILO is the brainchild of cigar blogger Barry Stein and the latest addition to the United Cigar portfolio. It’s journey to the cigar market began in 2012 when Barry spent a few weeks at a well known factory in the Dominican Republic filling in the knowledge that he had not obtained since his entry into the cigar business in 1998.

He blended a cigar that was well received throughout South Florida and led to a limited edition release that quickly sold out. Though the original blend was made in the Dominican Republic he wanted to work with a factory in Nicaragua that we visited in early 2015.

It was at Aroma de Jalapa that he saw his vision and dream come true with this powerhouse of a blend. The cigar features an Ecuador Habano wrapper over Nicaragua Corojo 2006 binder but the kick comes from the filler. Aged for three years, the tobacco used is all ligero with 80% coming from the factory farms in Jalapa while the other 20% comes from Aganorsa.

Described by the blender as a cigar that has a sweetness that delivers a serious kick it is available in two sizes. The robusto which is described as in your face from the initial light and the toro which is described as delivering a sucker punch. KILO is a cigar for today’s cigar connoisseur that is looking for something strong.

Available in 2 Sizes:
Robusto (5 x 50) and Toro (6 x 52)

Cigar Reviews:

It’s balanced, cool-burning, interesting, unique, and superbly constructed. As such, I feel confident awarding the Kilo Toro four and a half stogies out of five.
-The Stogie Guys

[KILO] is a quality cigar that I thoroughly enjoyed. Rich smoke with a ton of smoke at a reasonable price point. You really can’t go wrong with the KILO.
-The Stogie Review

The flavors are bold, and abundant, and compliment my idea flavor profile perfectly. It’s not a cigar for the weak. Along with the bold body, the cigar is strong. But the strength doesn’t overpower the flavor experience.
-Casas Fumando

The KILO was a flavor bomb right out of the gate, with shifts in the flavors that kept it interesting all while meshing together wonderfully. I can easily suggest seeking these out and trying them for yourself.
-halfwheel